To download a pdf of the 2019 Plans, Charities and Chapter Objectives, Click Here
GRAND CHAPTER of MISSOURI CHARITIES
- Educational Fund Board
- Lois Jackson Newman Youth Fund
- Masonic Youth Groups (general donations)
GENERAL GRAND CHAPTER CHARITIES (TBD – General Grand Chapter Session is October 27 – November 1, 2019; will be announced at Installation)
- Regenerative Medicine (2015-2018)
- Support Dogs (2015-2018)
WGM/WGP SPECIAL CHARITIES – 2019
ABC MASONIC YOUTH LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS (Job’s Daughters, Rainbow for Girls, DeMolay)
- We will be selling LITTLE HATTIE DOLL and her pal BINGO with Sister Marge Carney’s ABC Youth Pin attached to Little Hattie’s straw hat. The money generated from this will provide support and assistance to our MASONIC YOUTH through SCHOLARSHIPS. They hold the key to the further of the Masonic Fraternity and we must emulate a standard they will want to follow when the opportunity presents itself for them to consider joining our organization.
ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION GREATER MISSOURI CHAPTER (WGM)
- A part of the money collected in 2019 will help continue the research, programs and assistance needed for the patients and families facing the most common type of dementia. My father suffered from the effects of Alzheimer’s and the whole family suffers as they watch their loved one decline.
C.H.A.M.P. ASSISTANCE DOGS (WGP)
- C.H.A.M.P. is a non-profit organization which places skilled service dogs with people who have disabilities, to help them lead lives of greater independence and places facility dogs with professionals who utilize their dogs’ special skills in healthcare facilities, courthouses, and children’s advocacy centers. C.H.A.M.P. stands for Canine Helpers Allow More Possibilities. They also provide the community with education programs, therapy dog teams and puppy raising programs.
MASONIC HOME OUTREACH & PENNY-A-DAY PROGRAMS
- The Masonic Home of Missouri started the Outreach Program in 1991. At that time the Masonic Home of Missouri’s Board of Directors recognized that there was a need to help Missouri Master Masons, wives, widows and female members of the Order of the Eastern Star throughout the state in their own communities. The program evolved into nine distinct programs:
- Long-Term Financial Assistance
- Short-Term Financial Assistance
- Children’s Outreach
- Armed Forces
- Masonic Family Cares
- Social Services
- Financial Education
- We are asking members to consider contributing at least $3.65 to the Masonic Home Outreach Program. Members participate in Penny-A-Day giving an additional $3.65 when paying their 2019 dues. Each member who donates will receive a special pink sticker to be applies to their 2019 dues cards.
SHRINER’S HOSPITAL – ST LOUIS
- The following mission is carried out without regard to race, color, creed, sex or sect, disability, national origin or ability of a patient to family to pay.
- Provide the highest quality care to children with Neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn injuries and other special healthcare needs within a compassionate, family centered and collaborative care environment.
- Provide for the education of physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Conduct research to discover new knowledge that improves the quality of care and quality of life of children and families.
- We are continuing our Dine-Out Missouri program. At least once this year we will have a designated day for this event. Plans are being made in regards to restaurants and dates.
- Our Fourth Annual Fun Day will be Saturday, July 20, 2019 at the Masonic Complex (lower level) in Columbia, Missouri. Plans are already in the works – we anticipate another exciting and enjoyable day of FUN!!!